Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Pencil Sharpeners and such.

A pencil sharpener. All I want is a stinking pencil sharpener. Actually, let me be more specific: one that doesn’t break the lead off just as the tip approaches a usable point. I have several of the this type already if anyone needs one.

I had found a working sharpener a couple weeks ago and stashed it so that I could always counter the “I can’t do my homework because I don’t have a pencil” routine. Someone has stolen it. They all plead innocent but I know one of them took it and then lost it. Stinking little kids. I couldn’t possibly have forgotten to return it, I’m a responsible adult.

I set my beer down just a few minutes ago and now I can’t find it...strange.

The funeral on Monday went as well as funerals can go I suppose. I was on my way there when my alarm went off on my phone. If any of you remember this little incident, the morning of the funeral was also her court date. Yes, the one I posted bond for. She probably could have made it just after the burial but it would have been close. She was luckily able to get her caseworker to show up and reschedule it for her.

The reception after the funeral was at her grandmother’s house. I’ve been there plenty of times in recent years but under the circumstances it brought back a lot of memories. A few months after we started dating, my wife’s grandfather died, whom was her adopted father and she still lived with them at the time. I ended up living there with them for the next four months or so. Her grandmother didn’t want to be alone and having a man (teenager at the time) there made her feel better. The rest of her family wasn’t so sure about it but no one was volunteering to help out either. It is an old house and my few months of memories from there pale in comparison to what most everyone else must have been feeling. Regardless, it made the reception the most difficult part of the whole process for me.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

((((Fej))))So much I want to say and comment on what you have written the past few days and yet I think the cyber hugs slipping out of my fingers will just have to try to do...Hang tough..
oh and buy yourself a nice Mont Blanc pen....

11:46 PM  
Blogger Vics said...

hey sweets passing on the virtual hugs *HUGE HUGS* and yep the haloscan thing works just fine and dandy - once you manage to figure out how to get it set up.
(tip, dont forget to delete the blogger comment settings after you've added the haloscan script and checked it.)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Crystal - Thanks for stopping by. I've been reading your site regularly and haven't commented in a while, but thanks for saying hi.

Vics - The hugs are much appreciated also. I just might try the Haloscan pretty soon here. What's the advantage?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Vics said...

well for one thing - people don't have to keep using the back button to get back to the rest of your blog (some of us have archives to catch up with) and for another, if someone wants to comment on a comment - they're right there where you can see 'em.
Also you can have fun choosing a template *grin* thats for the inner geek in us all.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home