Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Not much.

I’m anxiously waiting for the upcoming 4-day weekend to arrive. Thursday will be all about excess, food, drink, and family, but that is exactly why I like this holiday. The rest of the weekend will be about, well, who knows, my weekends tend to run me, I don’t run them.

Tonight, our soccer team did not get crushed by a bunch of teenage kids. We did however just squeak by with a tie against a team made of mostly women. These were not your run of the mill women either. These were the knock your ass against the wall, pull on your shirt, arm, whatever they could grab, and could draw a penalty as well or better than anyone. We played well and since I made two of the goals (head swelling with extreme vanity here...) I feel pretty good about the turnout.

I miss my kids, they are staying with their mom tonight. I’d be yelling at the little ones to be quiet and go to sleep and be struggling to keep my oldest from losing it over homework about now. But I still miss it.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home