Monday, November 22, 2004

Wet Cat

It’s cold and rainy here now. My kids don’t want to go to school and I really don’t want to go to work. But we will and they’ll stay with their mom tomorrow night. My son is crying about that right now and that makes me hurt and feel good all at the same time. I’d rather like to think that we could put the past behind us and make it all work out. I know though, that I can’t do this. It would be wrong to her, the kids, and to myself. So, it reassures me that at least I must be doing something right in that he doesn’t want to stay over at her apartment.

My oldest child is cursing the cruelty of middle school and the failings of public education. God, did I really complain that much? I didn’t know that it wasn’t that bad, and hey, I learned didn’t I? Why can’t she be one of those kids that cruises on through, has her fair share of bumps and falls, but makes it out okay in the end? Sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself here. It’s just the first semester of the 6th grade, I don’t know if I’ll make it through a second time. And there are still two more...

Like I mentioned, it’s raining. It’s raining cats and dogs out there. Okay, it’s not. My dog is smart enough to hang inside. The two younger cats are also inside. The third and oldest cat though? Noooo. She spent the last couple of hours sitting outside in the rain. By choice mind you, there is a fully functional cat/dog door back there.

So, I’m walking into the kitchen and there she is sitting on the little window perch (inside finally). Before I can give her crap about being all wet she stands up, shakes wildly and soaks me thoroughly. I’m still talking about a cat here by the way. So to sum it up, I have one ADD dog (aren’t they all though?), one evil genius cat, one cat completely obsessed with water, and don’t forget the evil dwarf hamster. Then there is the 4-year-old baby cat that can’t do anything on his own and also needs attention 24-7.

Did I mention that I personally did not acquire any of these animals? I was coerced by three rodent obsessed children to take on the hamster, so it was still not my fault.

Refusing to take responsibility,

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home