Sunday, November 21, 2004

Awkward Moment

I met a good-looking woman at McDonalds today. We introduced ourselves made brief conversation and then went on our individual ways. Before you draw any conclusions, let me explain a little further:

My wife’s Significant Other (I don’t think you can appropriately label the relationship yet) is staying over at night and been spending more time around her apartment. As most of you know, I’m all for it, hope it works out. My wife has also been watching his kids during the week. I guess his ex wife is paying her to watch them. About a week ago, when my wife was telling me this, she also mentioned that this woman works at the grocery store I go to all the time. I immediately feared that this was the same cashier I have been intentionally enduring extra long lines for. From her description I didn’t think so but I wasn’t sure.

Anyhow, today my wife and I decided to take the kids to see the new “Sponge Bob” movie. I’m a big fan, I’ll admit it. It’s always weird doing things together but the kids really enjoyed it. We picked her up at the apartment. Her SO was there with his two-year-old, I guess he was still in bed though. We left for the movie and then I dropped her back off afterwards.

I promised the kids McDonalds so there we were. The kids grabbed a table while I waited for the food. I first noticed the pretty girl walking out of the play area. Then I turned my attention back to our order. Looking back again she walks up to my kids and says, “Hey you guys, how are you doing?”

Her daughter runs up to me and says hi also, she had spent the night a month or so ago at my place already. That’s when we introduced ourselves and silently mulled over this awkward moment.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

{insert Twilight Zone music here}
Damn... that's FREAKY! Wow...

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home