Thursday, November 18, 2004

I called my own bluff through my pie-hole.

“Shut your halfwit pie-hole!” said my son from the back seat.

Now technically, there was no “bad word” violation. The intent is obviously bad but before I could begin to scold came,

“What is your pie-hole Dad?”

I replied, “Where do you put pie when you eat it?”

“Your mouth.” My daughter answered for him.

My son adds, “But you can put pie in your butt too Dad.”

Hysterical laughter followed for a few minutes. I didn’t even get the chance to explain what halfwit meant.


Calling my bluff.

We went to the middle school book fair this evening. My two elementary aged children had already got stuff from their book fair. I promised my oldest she could get something and figured I’d still have to buy something cheap for the other two. My younger daughter settled on a fancy pen but my son wouldn’t budge from some $8.00 non-book item. He had pulled a tooth out the night before and the tooth fairy had left him a couple bucks so I eventually bargained that if he pitched in $3 I’d get him what he wanted. Done deal.

As we drove off, I heard crying from the back seat. He didn’t want to part with the money he “had just earned today”. I called his bluff and said he either pays the $3 he promised or I return the toy.

I have a Battle-Bots mini-construction kit of some sort available if anyone wants one. Brand new still in the box, I’ll give you a deal...

There has been this lovely young woman at my youngest children’s school. I see her every now and then while dropping off the kids. I of course observe her as closely as possible while attempting to remain discreet. Who knows how well, it works, but it turns out she is the teacher’s assistant for my daughters class. I have more to say, but I’m too busy filling out PTA stuff and volunteering to help at the kids’ school (my daughter’s class to be more specific) right now. Gotta go.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Stepping Stones said...

*Raising hand, while giggling* So, um, what is a a halfwit? LoL I swear, the things kids say and think, and as I'm learning, do. You know, between explaining the proper use of giving the "bird" and now a "pie-hole" I'm starting to wonder, where are they learning such colorful language? Hmmm...? ;)

12:00 AM  
Blogger != said...

Ok, that was funny!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

On the Verge: In my own defense, my cursing and hand gestures occur only on ripe occasions usually away from my children. I can't say the same for "others" with whom they spend time with.

Maybe I should give up my attempts for a Rated G atmoshpere, it seems I'm the only one. Not to mention I appear to have no effect on them either.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home