Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A quick recap:

I made it off to work as usual and on time since the kids stayed with their mom last night. Nothing worthy of mentioning happened at work today. I did receive a phone call from my wife at about 9:30 AM though. She was at the Metro courthouse and needed me to come make pay a cash bond of $250 to keep her out of jail. She had missed her court date for a speeding ticket and then neglected to get it rescheduled. The trick was that I had to be there within 30 minutes. I was really tempted to not make it on time.

Today was also my oldest daughter’s Holiday lunch at her school. I made it early since I didn’t know where the cafeteria was. Then it dawned on me that once the lunch bell rang I was going to half to identify my child amongst 3-400 other similarly sized children. And I had no idea where she would be coming from. About 10 minutes after the bell, I finally spotted a dejected looking kid eyeing the parking lot across the schoolyard. It was my daughter and once I had finally got her attention she ran to me, very happy to see me. That was definitely the highlight of my day (week, month). I doubt she’ll be that excited to see me during school hours in a couple of years. She had thought everyone forgot about her lunch.

We had a good lunch and I got to meet a couple of her friends. Tomorrow is the holiday lunch for the little ones so I’ll be having turkey for lunch again.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger brokenangel said...

That is the best feeling in the world when your child spots you and runs their little heart out to get to you and throw their arms around you. If I could bottle the love you feel when that happens I'd be a millionaire.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home