Sunday, November 28, 2004

Today

Today I didn’t slouch for five hours watching the Spongebob marathon cartoon thing on TV. Today, I did brush my hair before 6:00 PM and I did fix (purchase, whatever...) the kids and myself a proper lunch before 3:00 PM.

Yes, Saturday was a rare day for me. The kids even commented that I hadn’t spent that much time on the couch over the last several months as I did yesterday. No, I wasn’t sick. There really wasn’t anything better to do and cuddling with the kid’s for the afternoon watching TV, that I like too, was pretty nice. Yes, I’m just a kid still; the whole grown-up “dad” thing is all a farce.

Today however, I was back to my charade. I built a pretty massive custom ordered breakfast as usual, but then I was working on Christmas lights and the living room in no time. I have no creative ability when it comes to interior design. I can straighten out the coffee table when it’s crooked but if you ask me where else that it would look nice, a blank stare overcomes me. That stare took up a good hour or so of my day, but I persevered and just started moving stuff. Eventually, I couldn’t remember how everything was to begin with and had to find a place for all that crap. In the end, the living room is different, Martha Stewart would become ill at the sight of it I’m sure, but I think it turned out all right. The kids agreed so it must be good. (Ignore the fact that they voted for the two couches back to back in the middle of the room since it made jumping over the two so much easier.)

Then, I managed to pull the Christmas tree box from the rafters with great difficulty but without injury. We got it all put together. Initially I had great support from my kids but that quickly waned to impatience and fiddling with lights and other crap they weren’t supposed to touch before I finished putting it up. Then my younger daughter somehow cut her foot while jumping over the vacuum and much of the rest of the night was spent trying to find a Band-Aid. Once I found one, she miraculously recovered and it was bedtime.

I’m exhausted and need another four days to really be properly prepared for the upcoming week.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home