Friday, November 26, 2004

Blogging Stuff

Nails

We did nails tonight. Not mine of course, just my 2nd grade daughters. She has been obsessed with gluing on the fake nail set someone gave her. She insisted on getting some nail glue, but I overruled and insisted we get the stick on thingies instead. It was a lot of work and her right hand (the one I did last) looks a lot better than her left.

Thanksgiving

Over all, Thanksgiving went well this year. All went well at my parent’s house of course, I didn’t really expect any issues either. My mother-in-law usually does her dinner much later in the evening. The kids and I were the first to arrive of course and eventually my wife and sister-in-law showed up a little later. This year, Thanksgiving Day also happens to be our 12th wedding anniversary. I didn’t forget and neither did she so that made things a bit awkward. We certainly weren’t exchanging gifts or anything, it was just a bit uncomfortable.

To really fill everyone in on background items that would make the following clearer, it would be really long. If you have questions, email or comment.

By legal definition my mother-in-law is, uh, well I’m not really sure. Her grandparents adopted my wife at an early age. Her biological father has never been in the picture except for an awkward phone call a few years ago (initiated by us). Her grandfather (legal father) died about 4 months after we started dating. So, her legal mother (grandmother) has been very ill lately. She had chosen not to undergo any type of treatment and wants to die. She is succeeding rapidly.

At Thanksgiving dinner at biological mom’s, everyone is a bit glum given what’s happening. Then when the kids are playing around afterwards, biological mom starts bawling at the table. I don’t mean to sound insensitive or mean here, you are just missing so much information though. Anyway, my kids end up consoling her and doing a pretty good job. Then she leaves with my wife to check on her mother (my wife’s legal mother). We went home.

Today

Today we did very little. Other than a stop to the grocery store and McDonalds it wasn’t very exciting. We also stopped by to see my wife’s ailing grandmother. She is definitely on death’s doorstep, it was not a pretty site. I regretted bringing in my kids as all the information I had been told was that it was fine to bring them. It wasn't. She looked nothing like herself and was completely incoherent. She will pass on very soon. My kids were definitely affected but I suppose they need some exposure to this sort of thing too. She was a good woman and led a difficult life. I hope she can rest soon.

Sorry for the sad stuff, it’s a life blog though, so I need to write this stuff down.

Fej

Update

She did pass away last night. It is too easy to get carried away with your own life and forget, until it's too late, what an impact that someone had on your life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stepping Stones said...

Sad stuff is a part of life, so is the bad stuff, the good stuff, and the stuff we look at and go,"wha?" Write it all, we read it, and comment..that's what a blog is for..we feel sorry for your sad stuff, and wish we could help..take care..Happy Thanksgiving

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home