Monday, December 06, 2004

A Little Background Info

I had a lot of time today to reflect on last night’s phone calls. Due to the hour and the subject nature, I was only able to go into a few details in last night’s posting. I hate to drag this out really, but by posting this stuff it does help me to deal with the fact that I lead a rather strange life.

Last Friday night I dropped by my wife’s apartment to pick up the kids as usual. Her boyfriend (hereafter, BF) was there along with a friend (hereafter FR) of his. Apparently she was going to watch BF’s kids for a couple hours while they ran some sort of errand. No problem, we talked for a while and BF introduced me to FR as well. FR seemed like a nice guy.

Fast forward to Sunday night:

I get the late night phone call from my wife warning that I’ll probably be getting a call from BF. BF was under the impression that she and FR were more than just friends. My wife was warning me that BF was going to try to convince me to keep our kids away from her. She was about to get hysterical and I could hear FR in the background making various comments as she was talking. FR was living with BF prior to last night. FR has four children of his own and is also going through a divorce. After BF decided that FR and my wife were a threat, the fallout began. BF seems like a slightly paranoid sort of person from what I know of him.

So BF kicks out FR and breaks up with my wife and then calls me to express his concern about my wife’s ability to care for our children. I am able to pacify each of them and get to sleep. Now, FR has no place to stay. The only logical choice would for FR to stay with my wife at her apartment. I don’t mean this as an insult, but she would take in Attila the Hun if he needed a place to stay. She means well no doubt but (sigh...).

Tonight, as usual I picked up the kids from her apartment. I had called earlier to make sure that the drama was at a “legal” level. It was. My sister-in-law and boyfriend were there with my new niece along with FR and my kids and one of his kids and they were putting up a Christmas tree. All went well, and we left without issues.

More

I had stopped at Wal-Mart just before picking up my kids tonight. As much as I despise that place I now have more reason to do so. As I was entering my vehicle a man with a gas container propositioned me for $1.50 so “he and his wife could get to work”. Before I could answer another man from behind punched him in the face and knocked him into the next car, then to the ground. The attacker was asking him why he had disrespected his (attacker’s) wife as he beat and kicked the gas guy. Gas guy then started screaming like a girl, no really, high pitched “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” and tried to run off. All the while I’m doing my best “deer in the headlights” impression as they run off into the parking lot. Once my temporary haze wore off, I got in my vehicle and left as a large crowd began to gather.

FYI, FR is also an ex-boxer who used to fight with a lightweight nationally ranked professional boxer from right here in town.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger != said...

Life can just be really strange sometimes. Although I have never witnessed any weirdness at Wal-Mart, I have heard about a few weird happenings.

While we are on the subject of Wal-Mart, I read a Time article about mergers. It had this interesting graphic showing the gross revenue of Wal-Mart compared to other companies. Target was closest to Wal-Mart with only a few (something like 20 or 30) billion dollars of difference.

12:58 AM  
Blogger brokenangel said...

Your life is very interesting, to say the least. The BF, FR, and ex-wife saga is nothing strange to me. My ex-husband is now married to a girl who I have known for over 20yrs and we were friends growing up. They now live on the same street as me and the got married in the same hall we did. So, the inter-related incestous nature of your ex-wife's escapades are not foreign to me.

It doesn't make it any easier to deal with or any less weird. My hat's off to you.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Vics said...

well - if it makes you feel more normal - when I was 18 the woman I used to babysit for tricked me into dating her ex husband then accused me of trying to steal her kids...
Actually i suddenly feel the urge to recount this tale LOL see you at mine later *hug*

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home