Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Washing Machine Game

Washing machine water pump – 1,978

Me – 1

Despite the lopsided score I managed to pull off a miracle victory in the end. Using a hammer, two breaker bars, several large screw drivers, a blow dryer, rust remover, a razor blade (it broke), a sharp knife, and finally a hacksaw I was able to remove the old pump from the motor shaft. Are we talking about a metal pump that rusted to a metal shaft? That might seem to justify the aformentioned arsenal.

No, we are talking about a plastic pump on a metal shaft. After the screwdrivers, breaker bars, rust remover and blow dryer (don’t laugh, I though heating it up might help) failed, I bashed it into little pieces with a hammer. Then I cut the rest of it off using the knife and hacksaw. The bashing part felt sooooo good.

I filed off most of the rust and corrosion from the motor shaft and hammered on the new pump. There weren't all that many left over parts afterwards either.

That is what has kept me from posting like I normally do every night. This little project started on Sunday afternoon, it’s Wednesday night. I'm doing laundry though and it's no longer leaking. I hate inanimate objects and they hate me right back.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Who else out there is dreaming of the Neptune front loader washer...mmmmmmm! How sexy does that sound?! That's on my wish list!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home