Friday, December 10, 2004

My soap opera life - part whatever

For those of you not up to date, click here.

We were at my oldest daughter’s Holiday lunch at her middle school. My Mom, Sister, wife, daughter and I are sitting eating lunch in the cafeteria. My phone rings, it’s a blocked caller. The two people I know who block their calls are sitting in front of me. It’s BF. I can barely hear him over the buzz of a couple hundred middle school kids. Besides I figured the “information” he had for me could wait until I wasn’t sitting at the same table as my wife and his ex-girlfriend. I told him to call back in about 20 minutes.

We finished our lunch and then my wife drained the rest of my battery checking on her rental car since she lost her phone. He called back and after I warned him that my phone was about to die, it did. He called back again.

It turns out that while he was cleaning out FR’s stuff from his apartment, he found a baggie filled with documents of my wife’s. BF kicked FR out of his apartment when he suspected something between FR and my wife. Inside the bag were documents like her apartment rental agreement and overdue hospital bills. He then proceeded to explain to that FR and his ex-wife are into ID theft. He related several stories involving suspicious behavior, baseball bats, and odd phone calls. In all, he described FR as an untrustworthy individual out to get whatever he could from her. He was afraid that FR would come after him also.

He said that he would be willing to talk to my wife about it but wasn’t sure how she would take it. I told him I’d feel things out. He was okay with me mentioning this phone call to her too.

Now. I feel like one of a few scenarios is about to come to fruition:

1. BF is telling the truth. FR is going to attempt to benefit from her in some way financially, to which I say, good luck. FR could however possibly attain access to our account or her car or her apartment or several other possibilities. That would be bad.
2. BF is lying. FR could be a decent guy, with issues, but a decent guy. After all, BF was the one who broke things off to begin with because of his suspicions. Maybe they were true maybe they weren’t. If they weren’t then I can see where he might want to get my assistance in spreading distrust in FR and getting him kicked out of her apartment.
3. Either way you look at it, some sort of confrontation is bound to take place. I am determined to not to take part in any of it. We’ll see how that goes.

Can’t wait to see how it all turns out... no really, I just can’t wait.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Number Mouth said...

wtf? Dude, your life sounds as complicated as mine...seriously.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Vics said...

Honeybun, i really feel for for you - them fireworks are gonna hit you if you do or if you dont.
Gotta wonder why he had this dude as a friend in the first place if he was so obviously dodgy though...

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach. Sounds terrible. I hate domestic drama.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

No only should you stay as far away from it as possible, but obviously, keep your children out of the situation as much as you can (as I'm sure you're already doing). I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of this.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home