Monday, December 20, 2004

Just another.... whoa I'm on vacation!

We barely scraped everyone out of bed this morning after yesterday’s big ski trip. We were burning rubber to get my oldest to school on time (for me that means going 5-10 mph above the speed limit, woo hoo). I think she just made it. I then got the two psycho children off to their school and I started heading for work.

Whoa!! I swerved into the right lane and turned quickly. That would have so sucked if I forgot I was on vacation and actually went to work. I went to return my daughter’s snowboard equipment and then stopped by a home audio shop to drool over what I want to buy myself for Christmas. What I had planned on buying has now been upgraded about two-fold in price. Someday I will have more than two speakers and when I do, I won’t need to upgrade my receiver! Ha!

I’m such a sucker, but once I get my mind stuck on something it’s hard to sway me.

I went back home and had lunch. Finally I got a hold of the carwash guy, he wanted to meet me at 12:30 with a check. Yeeaaah!! We met, I signed a release form, and got a check for $780! Yes, I’ll probably use this to help with Christmas. But I am going to get that dent fixed. It’s driving my nuts and sticks out like a sore thumb. My brother-in-law’s cousin has a body shop though...

WTH??!! (What the heck) There is bubble gum flavored toothpaste on the rim of my wineglass (wine cup whatever, nothing fancy here). First of all, I haven’t brushed my teeth yet, and those who have are 11 and under, and I don’t use Sponge Bob Bubble gum flavored toothpaste either way. Stinking kids, I’ll bet that’s the last time they drink from Dad’s water glass.

I bought the electric guitar my oldest has been dying for today. So much for shopping early, (okay, five days before Xmas is early for me) it didn’t pay off. All of the guitar/amp/ready to go packages were gone. Luckily they put one together for me and we probably got a better deal this way too. The amp is definitely better and has the all-important "headphone jack", she is still learning you see.

I also shopped for a few toys at Target. Wow, it did take a while to find a parking space, that place was packed. After I found a few gifts I was 2nd in the check out line and out of there in a flash. I love Target about as much as I hate Wal-Mart and I reeeeeeaaaaaally hate Wal-Mart.

Fej

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like Walmart at Christmas time. *L* I went there the other day, not for Christmas, but to pick up something else. What was I thinking, it was Saturday????? The one before Christmas. Crazy.

I'm so glad you got the guitar! How exciting!! You'll have to post on how the opening of it goes!
Heather

2:22 PM  
Blogger != said...

I'm a total Wal-mart hater as well.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

I'm glad we are all agreed on Wal-Mart, evil it is. Thanks for reasurring me.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home