Saturday, December 18, 2004

Eating Tamales While Snowboarding with a Hoard of Kids

I had a party to go to today. I also had to do some shopping for skiing supplies. Yes, the nutcase that I am, I’m taking all of my children and my nephew on a skiing/snowboarding adventure tomorrow. That is 4 children under the age of 11 and myself.

It was originally to be just my three kids and myself. I had my sister watch my kids while I was at the Tamale making party this afternoon and then I watched my niece and nephew this evening while they went out. My kids couldn’t stop mouthing off about our snow adventure tomorrow and my nephew just about blew a gasket. We were able to round up enough gear to outfit him properly so now it’s a party of five.

I must be insane. If not, I’m sure I will be by tomorrow afternoon. Broke also by the way, what a damn expensive sport this is.

Today was the long awaited Tamale making party at my good friend Lil’s house. This is the first year I have been able to go, but it sounds like it’s been pretty wild over the years. I was not able to leave my mark this year, as I had to get the kids. They came over for a while but couldn’t hang while we drank and made holiday food.

Last night was our somewhat traditional take our boss out to dinner night. I haven’t had a date for the last two years and it had been kind of weird. At the last minute I allowed my son to come with me since he had decided that he wanted to be nowhere else but with me. My six-year-old son was my date for the evening. He only fell out of his chair once and managed to eat quite a bit of dessert. All this without any alcohol, hmmm... maybe I should bring my kids out to these events more often.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home