Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Greek Food is Good

I finished my Christmas shopping!!!!

I had to skip some people on my list in order to actually accomplish this but either way I’m finished right?

Only kidding of course. My parents called to say we were invited out to dinner with them and a bunch of relatives and friends. They wanted to try a Greek restaurant. I hadn’t eaten Greek in a long time but it sounded fun.

When I told my kids about dinner, they were happy to hear we would be going out. Then my oldest daughter commented, “I wish we weren’t going to a Greek restaurant though.” As if we would all just change our minds and go to McDonalds instead?

Sounding sincerely interested I asked, ”What Greek foods are you familiar with?”

“What do you mean?” She says.

“Can you actually name any Greek food?”

“Ummm...no.”

“Then I guess if you can’t name any Greek foods, then you can’t say that you don’t like any Greek foods either...am I right?”

(Insert sweet, beautiful silence of an 11-year-old with her foot in her mouth, here.)

She is getting older, smarter and wise to most of my tricks. I nailed her on this one though. They even liked the food too.

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger != said...

Which Greek restaurant did you go to? The only one I know of in ALBQ is The Acropolis. It's near the base. Our boss up in your neck of the woods took us there on one of our business trips.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Greek food!?! Sigh...my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yummmmmm. The closest thing we get to greek food here in Oz is the Gyro stands during festivals. Impressive, huh?
-K.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home