Monday, January 03, 2005

!

(Big whiney groan) Today was my first day back to work in 16 days. Absolute torture. I could have so stayed home another 16 weeks or so. To make matters worse, I made it to work on time for normal employees, not just “my” normal time. Is it just January still? Why can’t it be time for summer or winter vacation again?

I mentioned in yesterdays posting that my kids had a tough time staying at their moms yesterday. I got a call from my youngest daughter at about 3:30 PM. She was nearly in tears, missed me very much, and wondered how soon I would be there to pick them up. I assured her it wouldn’t be long. It was almost longer because I forgot I showed up at work on time and therefore could leave “early”. Thankfully traffic was very forgiving likely because school is out still, and it only took me fifteen minutes to get to the apartment.

Upon arrival I was presented two heavily taped presents from younger children 1 and 2. Inside were very nice drawings from each of them, not your school quality just-to-get-by kind of work. Then there was my daughter’s letter. In-between a lot of "I love you’s" and "I miss you’s", there was the phrase, “if only mom still lived with us, it would be wonderful!” The worst part was the exclamation point, she really did it up so that it stuck out very obviously amongst the rest of the full page letter.

I suppose that the talk I have so long avoided, with myself, not just my kids is quickly approaching long overdue. They need to know what’s coming next.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger != said...

I know the feeling about work. I had a really bad case of the Mondays today.

As far as the other stuff goes, I have no experience in the things you have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. The best I can do is keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that everything turns out "all right." So that's what I am going to do.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Vics said...

hey chickie - chin up... speaking as the product of a 'broken home' (delightful phrase that) The kids aint daft - the eldest at least has a more than fair idea where this road leads and I'm willing to bet they'll prove stronger then you think about the whole thing.

The best you can do is weather the tantrums and no matter how they try to play on it as they get older - be strong.
I was an evil lil shit to my mum, sounds like you may be luckier with your lil guys - either way, fingers crossed for you honey *hugs*

4:16 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm so sorry, I hope your talk with them goes well.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home