Friday, December 31, 2004

Brother and Sisters

They just can’t stay away from each other. I’ve had to separate, scold, and yell (from the computer, like I’d get up and actually go in to the living room) at my two youngest children. The 16 months and one school grade that separate them mean nothing at home. They are inseparable, yet like fire and water all at the same time.

My oldest stayed with her cousin for the night after the big snowboarding day. Without their older sister here there is no tag teaming against the odd boy-girl out, it’s just the two of them. They typically do great together, the majority of their screams and noises are in fun.

After several “smacks”, pinching incidents, and jumping “on” or being jumped “on” by each other, a full 20 minutes of seclusion on different couches, and all sorts of unenforceable threats by me, they are back at it. They can jump from absolute hatred of each other back to infectious laughter followed by cooperation and no recollection of whatever egregious acts had just previously occurred, all in about 5 minutes. It’s the cycles that drive me insane...


Our snowboarding trip went well overall even though the kids pooped out pretty early. I got to have one good high speed run with my oldest child on the non-kiddy hill. Most of the rest of the day was spent with my snowboard leaned up against the rack and me holding onto my son’s jacket as he snow plowed down the hill. He is just too distracted to really put any real effort into skiing right now. As people passed by, wrecked, or just waving to various people on the chair lift, I struggled to focus his attention back to the pizza-shaped snowplow he was supposed to making.

That’s okay, he is still interested and we have lots of time. I think the next trip will be an older kid (“kids” if my nephew gets word of it) and myself trip only. That way I can get a little more boarding in myself I suppose too.

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Ok, I'm laughing. That was us. I have the 10 year old girl...going on 15. Then the 5(almost 6) and 4 year old 19 months apart and that was us all day yesterday on the way down the mountain. I had to draw invisible lines between them and my 10 year old was with her dad in the other car so the little ones (inseperable) just couldn't stop yelling! Ugh..lol! Totally was you!
Ok...Happy New Year!
C

11:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Happy New Year Fej!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home