Saturday, April 30, 2005

Stuff to Work On

I may have succeeded after all. My oldest was wondering why the heck I had tacked up tow $5 bills on the wall in her siblings room. I told her that those two bills belonged to whoever cleaned that room. She then went straight to work. Yeehaw! Well, she soon realized that it was a very big job and didn’t quite finish. She made excellent progress and earned one of the $5 bills and some change. Then, the other two became quite concerned about finishing the job and started to help.

Then they quit, like two minutes later. Go figure. Heck, I could use the other $5 bucks…

My sister-in-law that made the awkward remark the other day came over. The kids had a lot of fun and we caught up on some things. Nothing weird happened and I’m happy about that.

I feel like I’ve really hit a point where I need more adult interaction. It doesn’t really matter with whom, I’m not specifically talking about women here, but I need a life outside of the one I’m living. My kids are doing well, they know that a divorce is imminent, and I am ready for it too. I need a social circle outside of <12 year olds and my own (great and very loving) family. I’ll add that to my list.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger != said...

I'm going to have to remember that trick when/if I ever have kids.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Just join a women's book group at a local Barnes and Noble! That would sooooo work and you'd get to read some chick lit while you were at it. LOL. Good idea or what?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

If you get that adult life thing figured out, let me in on the secret.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

A social life with adults? I have no idea what you're talking about. It's a distant memory for me as well.

That's why I like blogging so much. I can interact with other adults. The sex is weird, though. ;)

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home