Saturday, January 08, 2005

Jury Duty

I’ve been called up for jury duty. How cool is that? I’ve always wanted to do it. I just hope I don’t get put on some brutal murder trial that drags on for weeks. I report for orientation on the 21st and I start reporting daily for the next two weeks or something like that. Plus there is this huge form that asks for every bit of information there is about you. I gotta get that done.

Master Mechanic (that’s me folks) decided to get the Jeep running again. It just seemed odd that it ran so well prior to this last period of inactivity. I bought some starter fluid and got to work. After about 30 seconds of digging around I found the problem. It turns out that I neglected to re-connect the grounding wires to the distributor and coil when replacing the negative battery cable last week. Genius. Sometimes I am my worst enemy. If fired right up.

Since I was all excited about having the Jeep running again, I decided to channel that good mood into a mild garage cleaning. I didn’t tackle the whole thing, good golly, that would take days. I have piles of crap stacked up along the sides with just enough room to squeeze two cars inside. We can barely open the doors to get out but the cars fit. I rearranged all that stuff and did a good cleaning as well. I’ve got a little more room than before. I really need to do a big cleaning pretty soon.

Have a good weekend.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Noala said...

I did Jury Duty a few months ago, was surprised at the number of 'interfering with a minor' type of cases that we were presented with. Other Jurors who had been in different courts than me found the same. Sad indictment of our society I thought :(.

I was lucky not to end up on the (predicted to be) six week trial that started that week, or the illegal immigration case, which involved translators - very tedious. (Our Jury Duty is only for one week)

Like you I was eager to do it - I consider it a small way of being able to 'give back' something to society.

It was interesting to see the court process in action, of course it was nothing at all like the TV shows we see - the lawyers didn't even say the word 'objection' when they were objecting!

It's a weird feeling though, knowing that someone is, or isn't, sitting at home eating dinner with their family because of a decision you helped make. I wrote a little about Jury Duty in my blog (it was back at the beginning of November).

There's lots of waiting around in our system, so I recommend taking something to read.

Hope you find it interesting too.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home