Friday, January 07, 2005

By Myself

You know, today went by quicker than I expected. It helped that a very good friend of mine was able to go out with me tonight. We consumed a few more beers than we should have, but a few less than it would have been worthy of noting.

Basically, we can talk together, drink together, and still realize that the trip home is the most important part of the night. It took us nearly 10 years to realize this fact but we know it well now.

In addition to yesterday’s soon-to-be-ex-wife’s expenses, I dropped another $100 or so to get her power turned back on today. Apparently she is falling behind. I was informed tonight from my kids (while in tears) that mom doesn’t have digital cable anymore also. This didn’t tear me up all that much, but when my younger kids burst into tears about having to stay at mom’s (again), it was tough. I’m glad she dropped her cable expenses, but I was torn about leaving the kids over there.

I suppose I should worry more about the day my kids don’t want to come home than the day they are happy somewhere else. They aren’t happy now, but I guess they need time with mom too and I need time with, well, I guess just me.

Fej

2 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Well, the cocktail part worked for the moment, I take it. lol. I'm swearing by the aromatherapy...but it's girly, I know. Your wife just needs to step up to the plate....and I see you want to make sure it's ok for the little ones. It just sucks with the crying kids. I feel it. I remember it. The pit you must feel. Ugh. I get it. Get a candle. LOL. Just making you laugh. Take care.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Noala said...

I strongly believe that it is important for the children to spend time with both parents (unless there is a valid reason not to eg abuse).

My ex and I share custody of our children; they live one week with me then one week with him. They've been doing this since they were aged 7 and 8, they are now 16 and 15. Whilst they were young we didn't give them a choice. But now they are older we occassionally 'check' with them that this arrangement still suits them.

The most recent 'check' we did with them was in the last 6 months, and they decided they still want to keep doing it this way. (Options we discuss vary from living with one parent only through to extending the number of weeks they spend - eg month about instead of week about).

I know this kind of arrangement isn't right for everybody, but we have very 'well adjusted' kids (much better than some who aren't from 'broken' homes), and I believe our arrangement is part of reason.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home