Sunday, September 25, 2005

...you got left.

While driving this evening with my kids, my sister and her two kids we got on the subject of getting lost. I told a few stories about when I got lost when I was younger and so did each of the kids. My oldest daughter had just finished telling about the time her mother had forgotten her at a soccer game a few years back. Then my younger daughter started to tell about the time she got lost at the zoo. My oldest interrupted, “Oh, the time when they mistook you for a monkey and put you in the monkey cage?”

We all laughed at that because she was a hairy baby and I called her a monkey. Plus she is a natural gymnast and can climb anything. She got her sister back though, “I got lost, you got left behind.”

Was that a short weekend or what?


Jeff

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good comeback! The kids got spunk.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Witty little girl! Too cute!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I love it now that my kids have their own sense of humor and can hold their own. It makes for hilarious conversations!
-K.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids love to hear stories about when you were their age - they never get tired of hearing about "the old days" !!

2:02 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

hehehe... aren't the little terrors just wonderful for each other occasionally ;-)

12:52 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Please Please Please...tell us you don't still call her a monkey..lol! Hairy and Monkey are not cute girly nicknames. LOL.

That is a good comeback...I hope you high 5'd her!
xoxo
C

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home