Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back To Reality?

Again, we were in Colorado last weekend. It was a very short but much needed break. I didn’t even know that Renquist had passed until this evening and I consider myself rather up-to-date when it comes to things like that. I suppose that is a prime example of why I love vacationing up there so much also.

It was eight children to five adults. See, it runs in my family… I only brought four of the kids and they were the easier of the bunch I might add. We also brought up five bikes, new helmets (with face protection and goggles) and the rest of the crap we somehow fill my giantic vehicle with. The bikes were a nice addition and I rode long enough to realize that: 1: while I might be quite the sprinter, I’m most definitely not in shape for bike riding. 2: My bike is a piece of crap. 3: You don’t fully realize the need for shocks on a Mountain bike until you actually take it to the mountains.

There were no significant injuries among the children and all the ATV/Motorcycle/Bicycle/River rafting/and general chaos that ensued. The one kid, affectionately nicknamed “Dying Squirrel” by his sister, did have a few spills but after you get to know this kid… you kind of know why.

And, I have to go back in a week or two again. My grandfather now feels that I’m about the only one capable of closing up the cabin for the winter. While this is certainly not true, it is a rather complimentary title to hold. I get an excuse to go back up there but I lose another precious weekend at home as well. No biggie I suppose.


Jeff

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a good man Charlie Brown - and useful about the place. How about emigrating to NZ? ;-)

12:46 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

that is sweet that your grandfather has such confidence in you... I would loveeeeeee to have a weekend in a cabin to myself, but somehow I don't see that happening anytime soon..

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home