Thursday, August 11, 2005

Thursday Stuff

I’ve spent some ridiculous amount of money on school supplies and clothes. I somehow accidentally signed my youngest daughter up for the bi-lingual program. My son says his new teacher just “blabbers” all day long. My oldest seems to have a new attitude about school. I strongly suspect it has to do with not being a six-grader anymore.

I’m busy at work now, quite steadily too. I’m not all that happy about it but then again the day passes quickly. I’m not up on my current events like I normally am but I guess that’s the way it should be. All the while, it appears ever more apparent that many of us will be laid off soon. Certainly before the end of the year. Bring it on. I could use the change.

I’m totally committed to going to school again minus paying my tuition (due tomorrow) and buying books. However I am admitted, enrolled in two graduate classes and I have a new shiny ID card. After tomorrow I will just be missing books. And time. I have no time.

Tonight we got home, of course after 7:00 PM, stopping for more school supplies, prescriptions, wine, dresses for my ex-wife’s friend who isn’t talking to her and my ex is doing the same. I had to address the noise coming from my air conditioner, then my ex-wife’s friend came by to pick up the old water bed that my ex-wife had given to her friend’s sister. The 70% wave-less mattress weighs about 300 lbs. after being drained by the way.

Then the kids wanted their bikes down, one of the hooks in the ceiling was coming loose, I had to drill a hole (or five), to find wood behind the drywall, I think I found wood, maybe. The AC was a mess, who takes care of this place anyway?!

But. I got an email today. I’m sure it was just a friendly note. It took me fifteen minutes to finally decide on a reply to her two-sentences. It’s probably nothing. But I hope not.


Jeff

4 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

too funny about the teacher blabbering!!! hahaha.

and good news about the email...!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Just catching up! If only you had something to do to fill your time...

heh heh

Congrats on your returning to school!

And email? What email? Obviously I'm behind on something.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

sounds like you had a day and a half, all at the same time...

yeah, kids are growing up and so are the attitudes... all part of the game but being flexible is the same...

good luck on the study thing... you've got a lot of commitments going and its not going to be easy, but if you have your priorities right, can schedule things properly and can focus, you'll do well... i floundered after two and a half years, in the middle of all sorts of family confusions i honestly didn't need... had learnt a lot but wanted (and needed) a whole lot more...

keep well (and keep us posted on The Email ;-) )

12:51 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

M, My son cracks me up.

Abby, I have little time, school will take up what little I have left.

Bart, I hope to stick it out this time, we'll see. This year will be like other recent years, not easy.

Trisha, I suppose you are referring to the email? It's a long story and a long shot. She's on my soccer team, she's beautiful, and I know very little about her. Yet, despite this she has consumed me with curiosity. She just sent me and email as opposed to the team. I probably made more of it than I should have.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home