Sunday, July 31, 2005

Cheating

Uh, I’m cheating tonight. Not for myself but for someone else. She has watched my house for the last two year’s whenever I’m out of town. I did a term paper for her last summer and now, on very short notice, I am doing another one tonight.

Ethically I’m against this sort of thing. But I’m not the one turning it in. I enjoy research and learning and writing and all that other geeky stuff though so I see it as a challenge. Plus, I’m going out of town next weekend and I need someone to feed my cats.

So I’m off to explore how Washington intended a better future relationship between the Native Americans and the fledgling new nation than the reality that we now know. I’ll catch up with you all later.

Jeff

7 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

Rockin, guess how I got through stat class? (Boy college courses suck when the teachers barely speak english :) )

9:48 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

If this is a potential date, all is excused.

12:13 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

no condemnation from this corner, I made big money in college "helping" other people w/ research papers. and how do you think my dh made it through college? gotta do what you gotta do.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

i'd call this a win/win situation... who knows what will come of it, but you've helped someone and that's worth a lot...

yes, ethics... important question, but when faced with an educational and a social system totally devoid of any ethic whatsovever, one needs to think and rethink one's own positions...

keep well...

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shame! I do this for my kids all the time - as heaps of us parents do.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

tell her if she'd throw in some house cleaning and a little babysitting, then you'd do more than one paper!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

I was worried that I'd be chastised for doing this. I guess I'm more of a geek than I thought I was.

Abby, based on a return email I got from her, it could be more than just a date...

Trisha, I'm not sure how interesting it is, but I'd be glad to send it over if you'd like.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home