Friday, July 08, 2005

Lately I've been...

I’m just having a hard time with getting excited about anything recently. There is as usual, plenty of things in my life worth conversing about but I just haven’t been up to it. Not to worry, I’m not in some deep funk but I’ve just not been writing it all down like usual.

My ex has a new beau. I think I’ve seen him once briefly, if that was the guy then he looks rather thug like. Why oh why can’t she just find a sugar daddy with a legitimate job and infinite patience? On Wednesday she didn’t even answer the door when I showed up to drop the kids off. I had to find other means and was even later to work than I normally would have been.

I’m still employed, enough said there.

This weekend I have an infinite number of things to do. I suppose it would be only reasonable to expect me to accomplish a finite amount. I’m supposing it will be a rather small few.

I actually questioned myself last night as I opted to sit down with a drink and watch TV. I wondered how I could do that amid my house of chaos and relative filth? Then I reminded myself that I never sit down and watch TV. Then a few minutes later I was smothered by animals and my kids came back in from outside. That was the end of that.

I’ve spoken little of her because there isn’t that much to say other than my neighbor across the street is really beautiful. Speaking of pretty women, I had an encounter at lunch. A very pretty (young) girl just finished ordering prior to my friend and I arriving. As she walked by I thought she smiled but wasn’t sure. She was probably in her early twenties and I had a hard time believing she’d pay much attention to me anyway. It took forever for our orders to finish and I figured she’d be gone. She wasn’t and as I walked by we exchange mutually gratuitous smiles. My friend was already in a booth and when I sat down he asked why my face was red. Damn it all, I hope I didn’t turn that color right away as I passed her. She was getting her order to go and as she left we exchanged glances again. She works at the bank nearby and I thought all afternoon about starting up an account there.

But I didn’t.

It’s July 8th folks and we’ll be celebrating the 4th here tonight. We’ve just been too busy to do our fireworks until tonight. You know, many of the colonies didn’t get word of the signing of the Declaration of Independence for several days so we are just recognizing those areas that didn’t get to celebrate right away.

Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I'm sitting here with my early birds and sipping some coffee. Then I read your blog. Ugh. Next time just say hi to her. Then..maybe you could say hi to the neighbor. Why not ask the neighbor for some milk, or something. LOL. It's a nice way to break the ice and flirt a little at the same time. :)

Maybe we should just sit your wife at the local biker bar or jail at release time and wait for her to find a keeper. Oh come on...laugh...you know you want to.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm with thoughtsgalore - talk to your neighbor. Or if you have any fireworks left, invite her over to watch...?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

ditto here... just try to get to be friends in whatever way possible... you can take things from there... (i'll spare you the lecture ;-) )

3:04 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

It's tough to get enough time to think, much less get a life plan or relationship plan, eh? I'm about in the same boat, my friend. Nice post, good to read your musings.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Christie, I think she already frequents those places, it’s not working out though. Good thought.

Diva, I haven’t even had the opportunity to talk to her. She leads a rather reclusive life that I can ascertain. She might have enjoyed watching me set off my “reserved” batch of firecrackers with a bottle rocket though... my kids sure got a kick out of it.

Bart, the lecture might do me some good, I’m a just a bit out of practice.

Abby, ditto. Drop me an email sometime if you’d like, I can’t control this boat for shit.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home