Monday, June 27, 2005

Sink Issues

On Monday mornings, after not shaving the whole weekend, I like to use a razor to get a nice clean start to the week. From Tuesday on I’m a lazy ass and use an electric razor. Plus after two days without shaving the electric razor doesn’t cut, it “pulls” the hairs out.

I had noticed yesterday that my bathroom faucet wasn’t acting right. The hard water deposits must be blocking most of the flow. So I decided to clean out the screen real quickly. Sure enough, it was almost fully clogged with little calcium deposits. I started poking them out one by one. Then the little white thingy that goes inside the black thingy fell into the sink. No problem it was just sitting at the edge. I suppose if I had just grabbed tweezers as my initial instinct told me to do, I probably wouldn’t have to explain why I had to take my entire sink plumbing apart to grab not only the stupid white thingy but then also the drain plug part that also fell.

I cursed a lot. I also wonder where all that black nasty crap comes from, I sure as heck don’t put that stuff in my sink.

Then, I shaved and my water flow was just fabulous, a bit crooked, but I wasn’t about to take that stupid thing apart again.

I was late this morning. But clean shaven.



Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

My kitchen sink is full of that black nasty crud, but then again that makes sense since its the sink old food goes down. Im amazed any of it works, I had to fix the whack ass job the whoever owned the house before me performed. In fact I find in most odd-jobs around the house im fixing the previous owners "cheapest way possible", its annoying.. my favorite? The garden hose hooking up the swamp cooler...nice.

I guess in a nutshell, had I had to perform the same fix on my house I would of had to call intoday as it would of taken 10 times longer than normal thanks to the jury rigging...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Faisal ... said...

Hi Jeff

I am very honoured by your post:

http://fejblog.blogspot.com/2005/02/for-everyone-else.html#comments

5:53 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

OMG I have real issues with the whole 'black stuff' in drains thing. *shudder* I make hubby clean the tub out. He shaves in the shower so that's the one that's the worst. Putting aside the long hairs that me and my daughter lose in the shower. But at least ours can be wiped off the drain for the most part.
ANYWAY, just wanted you to know that I can totally relate to the whole "pulling of facial hair". I hate using tweezers. And I hate being in my 40's! lol

8:14 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Faisal, It's good to hear from you again. I hope you have been well.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This, my friend, is why they created the double sink. Men sooooo need there side with all that black junk and water spotted mirror and water around their tooth brush on the counter. We, oon the other hand...women of course, like a nice neat sparkly sink. Amazing...isn't it. LOL.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home