Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ants in my Pants House

The ants will lose and I will win. My home has been infested and it’s a billion ants, my cats, my dog, and my kids all against me. My kids and animals do everything within their powers to keep the ants happy and well fed in our home. I know of some people who ban food from their living rooms and other areas of the house and keep all the eating in the kitchen. I think I’m going to ban eating in my house entirely. Let’s just get rid of all the food. I’ll save a lot of money and finally have extra cabinet space too.

Tonight I took evasive action, used lots of chemicals and cleaned places in my kitchen that I’m not sure have ever been cleaned. Not that it looks all that much better but I do know there will be fewer ants, in the kitchen anyway.

Did you know it is said that if you weighed all the ants in the world and all the humans, the total weight would be about the same? I’ll bet I have a few pounds worth in my yard.

Lovely topic tonight huh?

Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

That is a fascinating stat though. I had never heard it.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Yuck...but let me tell you... California sits on one big huge ant mound. Spray and get those Grant Ant Sticks from the market. It will totally work. Just a little tip.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, trying to contain food to the kitchen is an uphill battle in our house too, I find my son wandering around the house eating pizza, cheerios, whatever... Fortunately we don't have an insect problem (though I have been finding an ant or two every morning in our upstairs bathroom, not sure where they're coming from)

Good luck. I think these insects are smarter than us sometimes.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

It must be insect terrorism time around the United States. My mother is fighting a losing battle, though she's waging it fiercely. Spiders have found a way into my house. Each day I find about three. I should suggest to my mother that she take a few of the spiders to her house and maybe they'll catch and eat the ants. Circle of life, here we come.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

Hey Jeff, a food free diet is brilliant for those who need it although the kids usually don't appreciate such a move.

A good, but temporary stop-gap measure which worked for us:
- you put copper coins on the ant trails or places where the ants most frequently are to be found... usually they're out of the place like lightning (the ants first, the coins thereafter).

Yep, and ants are smart but in a totally different dimension to us... (trying to remember the title of a brilliant science fiction story written under pseudonym by Ray Bradbury before he became famous)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home