Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

I was feeling fine again by Saturday night. That didn’t stop me from sleeping in close to 10:00 AM though, maybe I still had a little of that bug left I guess. I was awoken to the squeals of “Happy Father’s Day!”

Thanks Nickelodeon for reminding my kids that it was Father’s Day last night. There was an add about the Father’s Day specials for Sunday and as I walked off I heard my youngest daughter exclaim, “Tomorrow’s Father’s Day??!!” Then they were all three off in a rush to round up a gift of some sort. My son was suspiciously quick and after I helped him use a paper clip to attach the note to the plastic grocery bag that my gift was wrapped in, he handed it right back to me.

I received a wooden object from my oldest daughter’s shop efforts, she had given this to me almost a month ago though. I got four Heath bars and a piece of Hubba Bubba Bubble gum from my middle daughter. (I won’t mention the fact that these are my Heath bars that I supposedly had stashed away.) And my son gave me a Nestle Crunch bar and Peep’s marshmallow bird thingies I suppose from Easter. He then must have realized the real value of that Nestle bar and shyly asked if he could have it back.

No problem, it was nice to know that they did all that on their own, no prompting, no hints, not even a warning that Father’s Day was just a couple days away.

I took matters into my own hands and went and picked up a new wheelbarrow for myself. That helped me make a couple runs to the dump today and sparked me to really get started on my backyard. I thanked the kids for it anyway.

Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

It sounds (once again) like you have great kids - how thoughtful and sweet of them.

And for the record, in my opinion, there is no better gift than marshmallow Peeps.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Wow! That is so cute and cool that they did that by themselves. Seriously, I realize women are more 'sentimental' than men but those are the best sorts of gifts!

A wheelbarrow?! LMAO Sounds like a 'Dad thing'! ;P

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what great kids! sounds like it was a great day.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

That's a cute story!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Those are priceless gifts! no really. You wouldn't get a dime for them on ebay! ha ha. I'm just kidding you know. Those really are the moments you will remember forever! Sweet Sweet kids. and a cute story...

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home