Saturday, June 18, 2005

Down and Out

On Friday morning it felt like I had drank a little too much the night before. I hadn’t though, not at all. Maybe it was something I ate then that was throwing my system off. I thought about it a little more and after lunch, that I didn’t even feel like eating I finally admitted that I was sick. I obviously had caught whatever the heck my kids had last Tuesday. My body tends to kick into fever mode whenever something is awry and for the rest of the afternoon I was a waste of skin.

With the carrot of being able to swim in the pool the kids spent the afternoon cleaning their mom’s apartment. By the time I arrived, it was time for them to hit the pool. I sooo didn’t feel like hitting the pool. I dozed in the shade, since mom “was too tired” to take them, the sun was way too hot but I was borderline cold in the shade. Stupid fevers.

Anyhoo, I told the kids they would be on their own for the most part and I lay down on the couch. After about 15 hours of heavily interrupted sleep, I feel much better. Good thing, my nephew was at my door at 8:00 AM so I could watch him for the day.

We picked up two more hamsters to replace our recently deceased one and the kids are really happy with them. One is really nice, the other not so.

I have a farm uh I mean a house to clean so I’ll get back to you all later.


Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I hope you feel better soon

7:28 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I hope you're feeling better. I should be surprised that she was "too tired" to take them to the pool, but I'm just not.

Friday night I had some bad Chinese food. Actually, I think it was the crab. Ugh. So all of Saturday was sick by myself with the kiddies.

I hope you're feeling better. The laundry fairy was me. LOL. Sorry.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Hope you're all better and can enjoy a Happy Father's Day!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Happy Father's Day! Enjoy your day and feel better.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Hey all, thanks a lot for the Father's Day wishes, I appreciate it.

I'm fine now and back to normal, whatever that is.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home