Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My Weekend

That was a nice long weekend. I’m tired, my kids are still resisting sleep, and I have lots of blogs to read so here is a quick run down:

Lot’s of driving.
Lot’s of work. (Remember I was on vacation)
Lot’s of carrying, starting, transporting, starting, minor repairing, starting, and refueling of the 4-wheeler.
Raking, sink fixing, tire repair, raft repair, tree-trimming, septic tank maintenance, lamp repair (I think I took about 110 volts but just briefly), wood splitting, lost wedding ring searching in the crawl space of a 55 year old cabin (long story), and lots of dishes.
Lot’s of fun.
Lot’s of talking with family.
Lot’s of enjoying the kids’ enjoying themselves.
A grip of pictures, I might post a few tomorrow.
I called in to work to say I wouldn’t make it today. The first time in at least five years, and I know I can count the number of times I’ve done this on one hand still.

I feel like calling in again tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a safe 4th of July.

Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Glad you had a good time, and good to see you made it back in one piece.

My weekend was a bit on the rubbish side to be honest, but thanks for hoping it was otherwise.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

haha... in Holland, Independence Day was a non-event unfortunately.

I remembered though, and took out the balloons, decorations and good humour and celebrated like nobody's business...
(I was almost certified last weekend...)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Welcome back! I've been out of pocket for a while, too. Just now getting back in the swing of things.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Soooo did you find the wedding ring? Or wait, maybe it was a sign. :) Just being a nudge.
XOXO
C

8:17 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Welcome back, and congratulations for taking an extra day off.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home