Monday, July 25, 2005

Since I've Been Gone

Just some things I’ve been up to since my last posting. Whenever the heck that was.

We have more Chinese visitors here for a few months. Since they are on expense accounts now we often find ourselves tagging along for lunch more than before. They are two younger guys and expressed a concern that all they do is eat and go back to the hotel. They wanted to play some soccer. So I took them to my soccer practice (this was my second time going…). Only a few people show up each week but with the two additional people I brought it made for a good three-on-three scrimmage. The Chinese then realized the significance of running hard at 5,000 feet above sea level. They were exhausted.

However they had fun and want to go next weekend too. Speaking of China. A co-worker of mine had an interview on Friday with a huge local employer here, things went well, and then he got home to another message from another employer for another interview. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal. Everyone is trying to leave. But he is working on a project that needs to be transferred to China. I’m the logical replacement. I don’t really want to go back.

I get home to a message on my answering machine to hear that I have an interview at 3:30 PM tomorrow. I talked to a recruiter last week and they sounded interested. The very next message was the recruiter again and never mind, no interview yet. I'll call her tomorrow anyway. Cruel.

We had a great soccer game tonight. It was tied 2-2 since the first half and I scored the winning goal with just a few minutes left in the game. It was beautiful. People cheered. Hey, if I can’t brag here then honestly, where can I?

Jeff

2 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

of course you can brag, that's what a blog's for and everybody's doing more or less the same in his/her/its own way...

nice that you have a way of letting your chinese visitors feel welcome on a personal level like this... sport is one of the ways of getting people back to the same level (music's another b.t.w... a concert perhaps?)

keep well...

2:48 PM  
Blogger Whisper said...

Yes, it is good to be treating to your visitors. (And good for you and the meals at lunch.) As long as you are basically happy with the inclusion of the visitors, All will and is well.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home