Friday, July 15, 2005

Balance of Life and My Ceiling Fan

I don’t mean to scare away my non-geeky readers. But did you know that dust on a ceiling fan can cause major disturbances?

Yes, in respect of the fact that my children refuse to cover themselves properly once asleep, I turn off the AC at night. Otherwise I’d be perfectly happy if the temperature dropped to 55 degrees or so. So, I’ve been using the ceiling fan. Yet it’s been waking me up lately. The stupid little dangle things for the light and the fan have been bouncing around at night. They have been smacking each other, ever so lightly, that you wouldn’t even notice unless you were just, trying, to, stay, asleep.

Then they began smacking the light housings too. It was subtle, made me dream of someone lightly tapping a wineglass with a spoon as if to make a speech. The speech never came the but the ever so light tapping continued.

I dreamt that if I cleaned my ceiling fan, the dust was building up, that it might help. Sure enough, it did.

My fan has not wobbled or caused the dangly things to smack anything at all since the cleaning. Does this say anything good about my house and I though?

Jeff

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Hmmm...a wine glass being tapped. I wonder what that tells us.

The ceiling fan dust tells me you need a cleaning lady..even for just twice a month.

Next...you're a total light sleeper!

ORRRRR...you're so bored in bed you have nothing else to focus on except the celing fan dangly thing.
XOXO
Christie

11:08 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

hmmm... we're going around in circles here ;-)

title for a new film... "dancing with air-fans"

4:48 PM  
Blogger SweetAzSuhga said...

I like reading your stories and I can so relate to the ceiling fan noises. I have a couple around here that do the very same thing. LOL

BTW, the name is Monique aka Suhga. I'm a friend of Lori's. :>)

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home