Friday, August 26, 2005

Interesting Week

Yes, it was an interesting week here in my world. Let’s see, do I dare break it down? Okay just a little of it:

I’m busy at work. It seems like an annoyance really. I’ve been there so long it’s like a chore. But, I’m not slacking, I’m really working pretty hard. It’s just so difficult to pull yourself through work that you have no desire to do. That’s why I’m going back to school again to hopefully one day find a job that I driven to work at diligently, if it’s not so much to ask, one that I really enjoy and want to retire from some day.

School. I swear there really ought to be a dress code. How in the hell is an almost 33-year-old guy soon to be legally single after 12 years of marriage (and after another agonizing 2 ½ years of limbo…) supposed to concentrate on school with all of these young women prancing around in inappropriate clothing?! Is this college or just a big and expensive place to date and show off your wares?

Sheesh.

So, I know have 11 books, umpteen online articles and journals to read, and close to 100 pages worth of research papers to complete. Hmm. Things aren’t looking good. If this load proves to be too much I’ll drop one class prior to the refund date. But I won’t drop both. I do want to do this. If nothing else, just to see all the beautiful women… wait, did I just transcribe that thought?

I’ve just about finished the paperwork necessary to total my STBE’s(soon to be ex-wife's) car. Luckily we did buy the GAP insurance. I don’t really want to go into the details. I suspect it was divine intervention personally but I’m scared to mention it less something goes wrong. Oops.

She called me yesterday morning after I drove all over town dropping off kids and then just getting to work. She wanted to check herself into the hospital again. She has kicked all of the loitering folks out of her apartment and didn’t want them to know she’d be gone for a week or two. So, I head back across town to pick her up and drop her off downtown. It’s good though. At first she would douse her emotional upsurge (or down-surge) with medication, etc. Or an emotional rampage that brought destruction to her own relationships, ours of course, and many, many others as well. Recently, she has reached the point where she recognizes that her emotions will soon be out of control. This little "vacation" was preemptive so to speak. I’m hoping its progress too.

My sister-in-law wants to “meet” with me to tell me things about my STBE. I’m thinking, what could she possibly tell me that I don’t already know? On second thought, maybe I don’t want to have that conversation…

Have a good weekend all,


Jeff

1 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

sounds like stbew is still going to be a fairly frequent presence in your life... I am curious as to what your SIL is wanting tell you??

have a good weekend!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home