Sunday, April 03, 2005

My Legs are Just Beat

Yesterday, not only did I spend a lot of time weeding and shoveling crap around my yard but we pulled out the old kiddy carrier and went for a bike ride. This is the little two-wheeled carrier that holds two kids and you attach it to your bike. My younger two loved it, as it had been at least two years since they had ridden in that thing. I thought it was a great idea also and they are slower than crap on their bikes with training wheels. I’ll fix that soon though.

Apparently the extra 100 lbs. or so I was dragging behind me was a significant change from just myself riding alone. Holy heck, I though my thighs were going to burst. That was just after the first stop to pump up one of the tires. We had a bad leak. We decided to trek all the way back home, pick up my wallet, and then stop by the local Walgreens to grab a tube of Fix-a-Flat. When all was said and done, my hands were still sticky from the Fix-a-Flat and I barely made it up the hill back to our house. When driving, it sure doesn’t look like a hill, but it is... oh yes... it is.

Today, I decided to take it easy and rest. Not. Sunday’s are soccer games of course and we were only two players short, so we ran plenty. An hour and a half of running like that can really wreck havoc on your body.

Afterwards I of course pulled more weeds and shoveled more crap around my yard. I don’t think it looks any different though. Out of sheer stupidity, I agreed to another bike ride, again with my fat kids in tow, and yes, my legs are really, really tired. I did refuse the trampoline though, those damn kids don’t completely run my life. Well, I suppose they do, but I didn’t bounce today anyway.

Fej

7 Comments:

Blogger != said...

That's awesome that you were able to do all of those activities and not fall over from pain or exaustion. But I do offer a friendly suggestion of taking it a little easy sometimes. If you injure yourself now, how will you be able to exaust yourself later. :-)

11:48 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Coffee in hand...I'm cracking up! I'm listening to my kids whine about how tired they are and how their eyes don't want to open. I needed the laugh this morning.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

oh dear...

the things we go through for our darling kids whilst we try to keep our sanity and keep the rest of our livesin a semblance of order as well... have just spent half a weekend in a sports hall keeping teenage morale up and frayed tempers down...

thanks for the good read today, again :D

9:54 AM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ouch. I ache just reading about this much exercise.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ouch. I ache just reading about this much exercise.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Uh... I have no idea what just went through on the comment. Blogger is conspiring against me again.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

OMG...you are such a trooper!!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home