Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Type I, Old Job, and Lucid Dreams

Well as everyone who commented and as I found out, Diabetes I is sudden, unexpected and really has nothing to do with heredity or behavior. This makes sense as no one in our family has diabetes and my cousin is an avid runner, snowboarder, and outdoor enthusiast. The scariest part is that we are so alike and he got this disease. What’s to say I couldn’t?

Nothing I suppose. I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing and hope the best for my cousin. From what I’ve read it’s a manageable disease so long as you keep on top of it.

I’ve been moved back to my old department at work. It was a smart move on their part, as I was not being fully utilized in my current position. In my new job I get to re-explore stuff I was doing 6 years ago. A lot has changed but it’s still nothing really new. I haven’t lost all hope on my new job but I now realize more than ever that I need to move on. Anywhere but here.

Some of my readers might remember this but it's something that just came up again. I was bored silly at work and came across another article about Lucid Dreaming. I appear to be quite proficient at it most of the time but I also realized the my oldest daughter might be as well. It must be every morning that she starts in on me with a full blow-by-blow description of her dreams the night before.

As we all know most dreams are only interesting and meaningful to the person who has them, but that doesn’t stop her from telling me every odd detail. Well, as it turns out, the ability to recall one’s dreams is often a precursor to being able to become lucid. If you didn’t click on the link, basically a lucid dream is where you realize at some point that you are dreaming, but instead of waking up, you begin to direct or even control the dreams outcome. It’s cool stuff, thought I’d share it again.

Fej

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fej,
I'm also thin & fit, and WHAM, got slammed with Type 1 diabetes just under 2 years ago. It sucks, no doubt, but it really can awaken you in ways you never dreamed of.

PLEASE send your cousin over to visit me at my new blog, www.diabetesmine.com.

Best,
AmyT

11:49 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Amy,

Thanks for the link. I'll put it on my site and forward it to my cousing as well.

Thanks,

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home