Sunday, March 20, 2005

Picky Kids

After spending most of the morning resembling a slug on a log, I managed to pull myself together. We picked up my youngest party girl from her birthday party turned sleepover and then headed off to Target. My son has decided that he needs boxers instead of briefs to be cool. I didn’t even make that decision until the 11th grade! So does that make him cooler than me?

The kids braved my soccer game this afternoon so I felt like doing something a little more family-ish for dinner. I decided against going out to eat as we do all the time. We ended up having fondue, which was absolutely great. My kids were dismissing the idea all the way home but I instituted a new rule that prevented them from saying they didn’t like it: “If you can’t spell it, you can’t complain about it, especially if you’ve never had it before.”

I dusted off my parent’s old fondue pot and fired it up. It really was good and while other than meat and one vegetable we had a great meal despite the lack of variety. A long meal, fondue takes quite awhile but we haven’t all sat at the table like we did tonight in way too long. They even helped clean up... that is just scary.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Gena in Dallas said...

Kids!!! Interesting little critters. Hang in there.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home