Monday, March 28, 2005

Boxers, Blogger, and a long Weekend

My son loves his boxers, particularly the green pair. I’ve had to literally pull them off of him to get them washed. He is also starting to use “yo” and “snizzle” and “homie”, uh hello? Not working for me. I so absolutely hate that sort of dialect (very loosely termed as such), I will lose it on his little six-year-old butt if he continues to use it around me. I think he is aware of my keen dislike of that sort of lingo and wisely can refrain for the most part while in my presence. It’s when he doesn’t realize I’m there that he gets busted. I really need to be with my kids during school, all day, everyday... I’m sure they would just love that.

I’ve actually tried multiple times to comment on my own site, not to mention several other places I visit often but no luck. Blogger is determined to frustrate me and drive me to complain despite the fact that it’s a free service. I’m reading folks, just involuntarily silent.

Weekends without kids must be way longer than when they are with me. A normal weekend blazes by like some sort of supersonic test rocket. A three-day weekend like we just had, will normally delay just long enough to make me comment on how fast that extra day disappeared. Last weekend however, crawled by. I’m not complaining, I had some good personal time and had a chance to accomplish several tasks. (The living room is already trashed again but I swear it was clean before the kids showed up Saturday.) Not having the kids for just over 24 hours was quite the experience. It also made me reflect that it has been just over a year since I’ve traveled for work. All in all, that makes for a pretty good year.

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

i've been having toruble posting comments as well. it seems to work every other time.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home