Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sunday Stuff

I cleaned out my vehicle this morning. It’s amazing how much clutter can accumulate in such a relatively short period of time. On the other hand, I suppose we spend an awful lot of time in there.

We were doing fine on time so long as the car wash wasn’t busy. It was. Geeze Louise... some people are sooooo slow. We made it through eventually and made it to the airport, just a little late. I found my co-workers from China just leaving the baggage area. We took them to their hotel and then to McDonalds, and then to my parent’s house. I knew my kids wouldn’t last shopping. After showing them around my parent’s place we went off to, my favorite place in the whole world, Wal-Mart. They travel half way around the world, I have the entire afternoon without my children, and they want to go to Wal-Mart. They have two Wal-Mart stores in their own city in China, I’ve been to one of them.

Anyway, other than being a Sunday afternoon and extremely busy it wasn’t so bad. They were a little shocked that we could purchase guns, real guns. After all the walking around we headed to the checkout line. I figured it was about to close or something but there was no one at the last checkout counter, and at least 5 parties at the closer one. Nope, it was just a line of cattle. We checked out faster than I have probably ever done at Wal-Mart before. That was it though, they decided to call it a day and I took them back to the hotel afterwards.

After having dinner at my parent’s house the kids and I stopped by the grocery store before going home. Like Scrooge himself, I had the kids pay me back from all the crap they just "had to" have. I decided to count my cash for whatever reason and whoa!!! Where was my $20 I got in cash from the grocery store? A quick phone call and I was back to the store. Luckily my cashier’s drawer was exactly $20 over. I got my money.

Time for bed.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Wal-Mart is the greatest store on Earth. I'd give the vital organs of random bus passengers to get them to open over here. The whole gun thing is a bit scary though. Of course, the infatuation Americans appear to have about fire arms gives me the fear as it is.

Also, in England, if you don't check your change at the till, then you dont get your money. they wont even check for you. I once shortchanged someone when I worked in a record shop. I was fairly adamant that I had not made a mistake, and was nothing short of disgustingly rude to the person in question. They took my till away to count it, and sure enough, I was wrong. That was fun.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Three kids and the things we find in the car. I find lots of little goldfish, polly's, all kinds of girly toys that go with the barbies. There's always at least one crown in the car at all times! Walmart...ugh...I will always choose Target over Walmart. Somehow, though, I do find reasons that take me to the dreaded store. LOL...Guns. Don't even get me started.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

So did they buy some guns while they were there?

Wal-Mart, the American dream.

Okay, maybe not.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home