Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Positives, Negatives, Anniversaries

Figuring the kids would be without breakfast when I picked them up from their mother’s this morning I brought snacks. It wasn’t a wasted effort. We were early enough to stop and get a forgotten roll of paper towels for my oldest daughter. I waved the pretty bus driver on as usual (well two days in a row counts for me) and I was off to work.

I have been excellent about bringing lunch to work daily. I usually give myself a day off every now and then but 4 out of 5 days in the week I eat in. With foreign visitors here and our cafeteria having been closed over a year now, I’ve eaten out everyday this week and it looks likely that I will continue to do so for the following week also. On the positive side of this though, since the Chinese division moved from per diem to expensing, they have bought me lunch everyday. When they were per diem, they ate Ramen noodles and drank water to save the $35 a day for profit (a big chunk of change if you work in China). I would have too.

A negative thing has been my left shoulder. No, it’s not because I ate too much. It was hurting a little the last time I went to the gym. (Coincidentally, I paid three months in advance that day?) Since then and a full two weeks later, it has really been bothering me. I’m worried about making things worse so I’ve stayed away. Now, with the training this week and next, then jury duty the two weeks after that, it’s very likely I won’t even make it to the gym again until February.

On a positive note, I still receive Frederick’s of Hollywood catalogs even after two years of not buying a thing. Wait, I suppose my wife could still be buying things and never bothered to change the address. Who cares, I get the catalogs...

On a negative note, my raise was not only crap, but they screwed it up too. I won’t get the right amount for another 4 weeks or so.

Positive: I got a raise, I have a job.

Way positive: One year ago today, I quit smoking. I still want to, but I’m not. I guess I really don’t want to, I just miss it, but I’m glad I’m done. Dang, that is a tough habit to break.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Well done on the smoking thing. I fear imprisonment for some kind of violent crime if I were to give up smoking. I'm kind of tense.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Many positives there, indeed. Especially your success in not smoking. That is an achievement people who have never been addicted will never fully understand.

6:58 PM  
Blogger != said...

Congrats on staying off the smokes.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home