Saturday, January 15, 2005

Like cement shoes... dragging me down, down, down.

My sister insists on calling me early on Saturday mornings. Granted, 8:30 is not early by most people’s standards but those morning hours I spend in bed on Saturday and Sunday mornings are cherished I tell you.

She was asking when or if I had anything planned for my oldest daughter’s birthday on Sunday. I found it odd that she hadn’t telepathically received the invitation for the party tomorrow, 3:00 PM at my house. Huh. I completely forgot to tell her or my parents for that matter. Anyway, they can all make it.

Not only did it start but I drove the Jeep today. Talk about a lack of elbowroom, I’m obviously spoiled by the cavernous surroundings I’m used to driving in. It drove well though and hopefully I’ll remember to continue to run it every couple of days.

I cleaned like a pro this afternoon and preparing for the party should be pretty easy tomorrow. Luckily I did so because I’ll also apparently be doing some shopping I hadn’t planned on needing to do. I originally suggested we do some light catering from my mother-in-laws restaurant. My wife thought that would be ridiculously expensive and she could pick up everything we needed for much less. Ok then.

She just called, telling me not to bother making payments to her mobile phone that has been shut off (over $400 owed there). Instead she asked that any money I was going to put towards that bill could instead just be put into her bank account, that happened to be nearly $500, negative.

The call could have been completed in 3 minutes or so but she drug it out much longer. In the end I said I would get the food, the house was already clean, I’d put some money in her account, and that she needs to get a job. She needs to get off her “benefits” and support herself. She agreed but there were also many excuses of course.

I’m sure the party will go fine. I suppose I need to actually buy a lottery ticket every now and then if I ever expect to win the lottery. I’ll give that some thought.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

I hope the party goes well.

Don't claim your lottery winnings until your divorce is final, even if you buy it before the divorce.

So now, when can I buy the Jeep?

12:16 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Birthday Party Day! I hope it was awesome! I'm sure your daughter loved the catered Mexican :) and that the family you forgot to call figured it out you were having the party through osmosis! So..hopefully the house is picked up and you get to wake up to a nice house in the morning after sleeping in on a Holiday Monday.

Ps..Yes..your wife needs a job. If it's the medicine and her brain...she can start slow. At some point...she'll just have to not get bailed out one a weekly basis. you know? Deep breath...and really invest in a nice candle. Sweet dreams and have a great tomorrow..C

7:52 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

8:30 IS early!!!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home