Friday, January 14, 2005

Run Away... blah blah blah...

I really wanted this week to be over and it finally is.

While picking up my kids tonight they put up the usual resistance to actually get ready to leave. They were all very anxious to go but couldn’t connect the association of needing to put on shoes and get jackets before we could actually leave. Finally we are heading towards the door when there was a knock. It’s my sister-in-law and my niece. The presence of my niece is enough to convince my middle child (the same one who was completely devastated by having to stay at her mom’s last night) to ask to stay over again. She quickly modified her request to stay with her aunt instead. No problem as her aunt had come over because she was fighting with her boyfriend anyway and would probably be staying the night.

Then my sister-in-law asks me not to tell her boyfriend where she was if he calls. First of all, my wife’s apartment would be the very first place he would look. Second, I’m not going to play that stupid game. I could just about go off on a rant here as my wife’s entire family has the same solution to problems: run away, far away, that will solve everything. But. I. just. don’t. care.

I thought about grabbing my daughter anyway to avoid her being present during any sort of confrontation but I doubt very seriously there will be anything like that. He is a good guy that I trust. I feel sorry for, but I trust.

I was pleasantly surprised that my mailman had noticed the lack of postage on my jury duty letter and had placed it back in my mailbox. Odd that he would since he never notices how many pieces of mail I receive almost daily that aren’t addressed to me. It makes me wonder just how much of my mail I do receive.

Do you think it’s statistically possible that the McDonalds near my house will ever, I mean ever, get a single order correct? Zero for umpteen hundred tries and I’m quickly losing confidence. But it’s just down the street and I didn’t want to cook tonight, so I’m holding out still for that slim possibility.

I feel kind of blah tonight. Not necessarily bad but certainly not great. I just need some mind numbing sort of entertainment to keep me busy until the kids are asleep. Yes, that sounds about right.

Did you know that "umpteen" doesn't get flagged by the spellchecker in Word?

Fej

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

So, it's 7:15 (my kids don't sleep until 10) and I'm cracking up. I had no idea that umpteen wouldn't get flagged, but good to know and for mind numbing entertainment...that's why they created TIVO. If you don't have it...get it. LOL. As my children were literally running cirlcles around me..lol.. I was deep involved in the Alias from Wednesday night. How good am I? As Bart and Lisa (what the little ones call themselves as they play the Simpsons on Xbox) play right now with me blogging...I'm able to wake up with some morning coffee. For a man...you're great at multitasking. I'm impressed. Mind numbing entertainment..if you come up with anything really good let me know. I need some too for the witching hours. :) XOXO Happy Saturday. C

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home