Thursday, January 13, 2005

Signs

Probably as a telltale sign of things to come, I completed and mailed my jury duty forms this afternoon. I dropped the envelope into the gang box (secured community mailbox) in front of my house. As I walked off, I remembered why I didn’t just drop it in the mailbox at work. That was because I didn’t have any stamps on it. Luckily I did remember to put a return address, hopefully I’ll get it back in time to mail it with proper postage or at least bring them with me next Friday. Moron.

I’m sure my two weeks of jury duty will provide many interesting stories, hopefully only a few about me screwing something up. That is all dependent on me not getting kicked off the jury or jailed for contempt of court for not bringing in the proper forms...

My wife seems determined with Tuesday and Thursday nights being when the kids stay with her. I have no objection to Tuesday’s but Thursday’s aren’t good. Mostly just because that is the last night to finish homework, sign nightly reading forms, and the night before tests and projects and such. My oldest did come home with me because of that very reason. She was able to finish before bedtime to my surprise. I have a feeling we’ll be finishing homework in the car tomorrow and filling out reading forms for the younger two however.

Maybe not. Sometimes my wife comes through and gets things done.

(Insert silhouette of a sad 7-year-old waving through the venetian blinds as we drove off, here:(

2 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

The thought of your 7 year old waving. Ugh..That would have brought the tears flowing right there. I can sort through the 7th sense stuff all day long, but that thought will just stick in my mind. You are a wonderful daddy. You're one of the good guys.

Thursdays are tough nights, aren't they? I hope you weren't finishing homework and signing everything on the way, but if it makes you feel better...Superwoman(me) is bringing the lunches to school any minute. YOu see for some reason...the alarm didn't go off and we woke up at 7:15 for the 7:30 bus..LOL. Good thing this recovering Superwoman could so easily pull the cape from the closet. :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home