Monday, January 31, 2005

Jobs, Jury Duty, and new Do's

That shows me, I won’t be making lunches at night, getting everything else ready for the next day, and then going to bed early. Sure I popped out of bed on time and we were actually early to my oldest daughter’s school, but I was a waste of skin all day. I fell asleep at my desk a little after 10:00 AM (I expect to in the afternoon but not before lunch) and yawned all day and everyone asked "why are you so tired?"

Tonight, I’m staying up way late, not making anything until the last minute tomorrow morning, and you know why? Because I have to get up extra early tomorrow to drop the kids off at various other homes so I can make it downtown for Jury Duty by 8:15 AM. Yes, my number finally got called and yes they are still selecting jurors for the murder trial.

I called my interview sponsor today and it was all good news. First of all, he knew who I was as soon as I mentioned my name, he didn't have to file through a bunch of paperwork before finding my name. Second, the job is one I am qualified for and could probably still afford to make most of my house payments if it were offered to me. Third, we meet Wednesday morning not at the gate, but at a restaurant for breakfast. Because of security clearances and stuff I will ride in with my sponsor and potentially future boss where after a quick visit with HR I get to interview with another eight people before the day is through. That will be an awfully long time to wear a tie...

I called the juror folks and asked to be excused on Wednesday, it sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem. We’ll just have to see what happens with the big trial; maybe I already got cut.

On the way home I combined a haircut with dropping of my interview pants for dry-cleaning. I hadn’t been to this place in several years but I have always had good success before. The #2 clipper I asked for on the sides turned out to be (“whoops”, yes she said “whoops”), a #1. Luckily this place does a lot of military work because I now have the military do.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I am unbelievably anal about my hair. Barbers fill me with dread. Having recently just moved, I need to find a new one or trek for an hour back to the one I was using before. These kind of things keep me awake at night.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Vics said...

good luck for tomorrow sweets *thumbs up* omens are good ;o>

5:27 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You received a "Whoops" !!!!! That is too funny. I'm glad you're ok with the short short sides. Hey, you need a little something else fresh for the interview. I'm sure you're feeling excited and nervous at the same time. Candles .... I'm telling you. Also, It's always nice to know you're interviewing for a job that would pay your mortgage and let you live nicely still. lol. I'm glad you're doing well. Good luck..
C

12:55 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Good luck with that job interview. It's a good sign if they are bothering to shuffle you around to all those people. They usually save that for the final candidates!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home