Saturday, January 22, 2005

Compact Parking Spaces

I hope the person who invented compact car parking spaces stumbles across my blog. Then they could realize my complete anger at what a stupid idea that was. Honestly, even if you drive a 2-door Civic, a Mini, a Honda or something else really small, wouldn’t you rather have the confidence that you have a few extra feet between your car and the next? Why shrink already small spaces even more for the benefit of compact cars? Let’s just cram a bunch of small cars together also so that people who do make the jump to fuel efficient small cars can get just as frustrated as the rest of us when some moron parks crooked or with 2 wheels a foot into the next parking space.

As we pulled into Toy R Us today, there were nothing but 8 empty Compact Spaces all in a row or the option of parking in ten buck two. I opted for a compact space and my monstrosity fit quite nicely by the way. (Thanks to my superior parking skills... of course :)

As we were unloading, another vehicle of equal size to mine pulled into a recently vacated “normal” size space. After putting it into Park and exiting her car without a care, her vehicle was just arguably sideways. The poor compact car next to her could barely squeeze out even though they had 2-3 feet of space of clearance prior to the Miss Parking Queen’s arrival.

I suppose it’s people like her and the guys who feel their precious vehicles deserve two spaces instead of one are the ones really to blame.

Cool, I ranted about something of absolutely no importance. I didn’t even bring up any of the drama my STBE (hereafter soon-to-be-ex) is trying to dive head over heels into. I will give it a day or two and if it doesn’t all pass over, I’ll be forced to blog about it.

Until then, you are stuck with me ranting about my parking woes.

Fej

7 Comments:

Blogger Vics said...

hey rant on ol' boy. You need to swear more though, really let that frustration out *grin* I think for this to be classed as a rant it needs to be peppered with some choice expletives.
can't beat a decent 'fuck' on occasion ;0>

9:44 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm with you on this one. The MINI has a couple of door dings because of those darn (oh, excuse me, if we're supposed to curse during rants - make that damn) compact spaces.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Vics, it's weird, I have a problem with cursing in print. I don't mind so much in person, as long as it is amoung friends.

To be a valid rant I suppose it should include some vulgarity, maybe a damn or bastard sort of comment though. I don't get much worse unless you snag my non-compact parking space (and my kids aren't in my vehicle).

11:05 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:23 PM  
Blogger carissa g. joaquin said...

i couldn't agree with you more on this one. in addtion to that, don't you love how people take up 2 spaces??? that really ticks me off. There are lines on the parking space but they just don't pay attention.. simply inconsiderate beings is what they are.. lol

5:08 PM  
Blogger LIKEINEEDTHIS said...

STBE? gee i have one of those....

other prototype references

few future ex wife
db da bitch
her her

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

OKay, I have to say that this is my main area of complaint. I agree with my husband on this subject and women that drive big trucks/SUVs should not be allowed to drive or park them. Half the time, they're alone in them or with just one kid, and they can never park them. And I always get stuck next to their crappy parking job. Sometimes I even make it difficult for them to get out of their parking job by parking next to them. I drive a normal size car and still park jacked up sometimes, so I find it even more obnocious when people drive big auto's and park jacked up.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home