Friday, January 21, 2005

It Figures

This morning, as I need to try to remember to do every morning, I shut the bathroom door behind me. I didn’t pee on a cat. The principle of the matter is, “should I really have to if I’m alone in my own house?”

Nearly 500 people were called to Jury duty orientation today. I’d say that close to 400 showed up. It was a really crowded room. This number of perspective jurors is a little higher than normal apparently. Why? Well I’ll tell you why, because they requested an extra 200 jurors for the “high profile” trial that will begin during my two weeks of public service. Yes, I was included in that 200 and had to stay afterwards to fill out a 20 + page questionnaire about the various things I knew of the case. I’m that much closer now to finding myself on a murder trial. I just have this feeling (I wasn’t brave enough to lie on the questionnaire to get myself removed) that I’m going to find myself in court for the final selection of the jury at least. I’m not so sure how enthused I am about sitting in on a three week (estimated) murder trial.

I don’t however have to report on Monday and it sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem getting out of jury duty to attend the job interview. Double bonus.

The squeaky wheel turned out to be a rather expensive break job. I think I’m starting to get a little numb when it comes to dropping large amounts of money when I really don’t want to. Yes, I could have done it myself. I didn’t feel like playing grease monkey this weekend though and since there appears to be a balancing problem I wanted a warranty from someone so I can just bring it back next time.

We took our Chinese guests up the Tram and had dinner at the restaurant on top. It’s a really expensive restaurant but the views are incredible. I’ll post a few pictures later if they turn out okay.

Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home