Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hard to Control My Enthusiasm

I peed on a cat this morning. But I had a really good thing happen to me today so I’m now going to make a daily habit of peeing on a cat each day.

I’m only kidding, about making it a daily habit. I did pee on one of my cats but it was only because the dimwitted feline jumped on the bowl as I sleepily took care of my morning business. Then she jumped on my bathroom counter top to shake herself off... okay, you get the picture. So I figured it was a bad sign of what was to come today.

I get Spam at work all day long. I typically notice the unfamiliar name, the odd subject title, and sometimes an attachment usually already cleaned by our virus scanner. I had my fingers on the “shift” and “delete” keys (deletes the email permanently, bypassing the ‘deleted’ folder) but then I noticed the large attachment. Odd. And the subject was longer than the preview field so I decided to go ahead and open it.

I have an interview scheduled the week after next at the very place I’ve (and everyone else I know) been trying to get into for years now. I had instant butterflies and everything. Right then my wife called, she couldn’t make it to pick up the little kids on time since someone was making false charges on her account and she was at the bank and why the &*$## couldn’t she have called me just a few minutes earlier?

I raced (within the legal limits) over and picked up the kids. There was a really noticeable squeal coming from a front wheel of my vehicle also. It didn’t matter, I wasn’t that upset at my wife, and I went back to work to read over everything about my interview.

Holy crap I need a lot of paperwork, background information, and wait, yes, now it all makes sense: I also have jury duty that day. Do I risk rescheduling a possible one-time chance? Granted I’m legally obligated to go, jury duty is a pretty good excuse. Contempt of court? Is it really that big of a deal?

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! Also, thanks for the nice note about my site. I'm pretty stoked about it. You have no idea how excited I was that I was able to figure out the whole Picture thing! Woohoo for me. LOL. Ok, back to you. Did you know that you can put in for a delay in jury duty? Call the jury duty # (this works in most cities..lol) and it is automated and will reschedule for you. I'm thinking interview before jurty duty..lol.
PS...as I tell my 4 year old...aim for the potty water hunny...lol! XOXO C

9:13 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Hey, the dang cat was in the way. I was aiming just fine despite being just a bit sleepy. AND, the seat was UP. Stupid cat.

As for my six-year-old though, I have failed completely as a mother. Wait, I'm a dad, go son! Except, I'm the only one who cleans their bathroom so... nevermind, disgusting kid.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

If you only knew how many people you made laugh today with your pee on the cat story..lol. Clorox wipes are great for the messy boys they don't watch where they go! Sorry no clorox wipes for cats..:)
C

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home