Sunday, January 30, 2005

Persistence

Last night I finished the movie from Friday night where I fell asleep prior to finishing. Then, my dog and I listened to some music. I think he was unhappy with the volume but he didn’t complain.

I slept in late of course and while reading the news and drinking some coffee my wife called. That was strange because had she called just a few minutes earlier she would have woken me up. She rarely gets up that early. She was all excited because she found a house for rent in the kids’ current school district. It was coincidentally across the street from my middle daughter’s best friend. She went over and talked to my daughter’s friend’s mother, helped her finish dying her hair (weird) and they talked for quite some time.

It costs a bit more than the apartment but location would be great. She might just about be ready to take on the responsibility of a house again, I hope. Anyway, she is going to look at a few others also.

I began going through the divorce paperwork today. Among several major errors, my birth date, SS#, and a few other odd things, most of it seems in order. Then I came across the note. She was pleading for us to get back together, how much she still loved me, and it went on quite a bit. That depressed me a little and I have dropped going through it for now. Not that I want to get back together, hell no. This is exactly why I have waited so long though. I have been hoping that she will come around and face the reality of the situation. Good God, we’ve been apart for nearly 2 years, she has had multiple boyfriends, caused me no end of financial and emotional stress but yet she still thinks we can just go back “to the way things used to be?”

“Things” used to be screwed up back then too only we lived in the same house. I guess what I am really trying to avoid is having to throw the reality of the situation in her face, resulting in her bawling her brains out and me having to walk away. Yes, she needs to face the reality, she needs to come to terms with the fact that our marriage is over, and it will probably have to reach some climatic point I suppose.

With bi-polar disorder, the highs are too high and the lows are too low. She uses medication, lot’s of it, for the lows. I suppose that’s what I’m really trying to avoid.

Other than that crap, we had a good weekend. The kids and I went to a car show, a first for all of us. It was fun, really, it was.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Oh no. I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and sooo feeling for you this morning (recovering from my weekend.) You never mentioned the Papers! Ugh! Then a note!!!! Your poor heart and worrying about her Low "Low"...I get that. You with the Horse...Me with the Stone..lol.

You need to tuck all that away for the next few days and be relaxed for Wednesday. :)
C

8:01 AM  
Blogger Vics said...

Oh babe!
I'm not looking forward to sorting my divorce papers out, we'll be doing that in september, but at least he is a rational human and we don't have kids to worry about.
*big hugs*
On the plus side, it will be over soon. Just grit your teeth and hang in there a little longer - maybe being a little less willing to sort her problems out may put the idea more firmly to her?
just a thought.
The kids are your responsibility - she's not.
Be strong.

9:58 AM  
Blogger brokenangel said...

My ex husband asked me to get back together with him after picking my daughter up. He asked standing from the car door, in the pouring rain, and like it was something that would just happen. Well it never happened but it didn't make it any easier. I received my final divorce papers in May of last year. We had been separated 4 years by the time everything was done. I cried when I opened the envelope. Still didn't make it any easier. Whether or not there are feelings for either party, it doesn't make it easier. My heart goes out to you.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home