Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Worrying

I am becoming increasingly nervous about next week’s interview. I was even beginning to suspect that the interview email was an elaborate hoax to begin with. Why did she need my SS # and birth date? Was the large and detailed attachment real? Was this just some elaborate phishing scam that worked?

No, probably not. The recruiter did reply and my interview is still on for next week. I guess I really just wish I knew what job it was that I was interviewing for? I still haven’t told anyone at work about this yet. It would cause quite a stir but then again, everyone is looking for another job. I guess I’m most hesitant because everyone wants to get a job where I’m interviewing and I don’t want to mention it unless I actually get an offer. Otherwise it would be just depressing to say that I had an interview and got turned down.

I still haven’t been called in for jury duty yet. I really have not minded at all so far but here goes my paranoia again: this must just mean that I’m going to be selected to serve for the murder trial. We’ll see.

I offered to pay off one of my wife’s credit cards tonight. It is not a very large amount and my only real incentive is that it’s the only card we have with both of us as cardholders. Even though I hold a card with my name on it in hand, the morons over there won’t let me know any of the details. So I get my wife involved and explain that I’ll pay the account off if she closes the account. She agrees but we are disconnected from the company. I’ll pay it off but only after the account is closed. I’ve paid this damn card off twice in the last six months and this will definitely be the last time.

My drama is far from gone, my wife’s roommate’s ex-wife has supposedly been picked up for fraudulent activity, she will move apartments, and who knows what else. I don’t want to know tonight.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Wow, you know with all that drama, I could swear you live in Las Cruces. I thought only small towns had small town drama.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mr Crane said...

Probally running a credit ap w/ your ss#. SOme companies do that as routine before running an interview. However by law they are supposed to let you know that they are doing this......... --R

2:34 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Cancel that card! LOL. You need to get that thing paid off and get it cancelled! Your wife is just a mess. She needs an official course in life management. What do you think? Ok, stop stressing the interview. You have one and that's so awesome!

I'm telling you...you need some sort of aroma therapy for the soul..lol. Something to make you feel good.
C

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home