Thursday, January 27, 2005

More News.

No jury duty again today or tomorrow. I just have this sinking feeling about next week.

In yesterdays discussions of my wife’s odd experiences I almost forgot to talk about another big bit of information. She starts school next week.

At the vocational college like she had been talking about for the last two years to pursue a nursing degree? No. At the University maybe? Did her public assistance program get her into a program there? No. Maybe a private school that specializes in this area? Nope. She starts beauty school next week.

She was amazed at my amazement. “Didn’t I tell you?” and “Is this really the first time you have heard about this?” and “I thought you knew.” Don’t think for a minute that I’m bothered that she is going to school to eventually be able to re-enter the workforce one day, that’s not it at all.

She has been talking about going to school for nursing for the last several years. I think she would be a great nurse, seriously here, she has a personality that would make her a good fit for this job. It would take a whole lot of work but I do think she is capable. The real kicker in all of this is that a month ago I asked her about starting school. She went in to the usual explanations of needing to reapply, not having all of the paperwork she needed, getting a schedule that worked with picking the kids up from school etc. Yesterday, she drops the beauty school thing on me.

There are couple issues with this that you do need to be aware of. She dropped out of beauty school nearly 8 years ago, with only 3 weeks left before she graduated. She was pregnant with our second child and couldn’t be around the chemicals. I have no issue with that. The $3000 in student loans though, didn’t care. I just paid those off last year.

The main issue is that she starts next Tuesday, 8 AM to 4 PM everyday for the next year. (The fact that her roommate is also starting school for his Barber certificate is also worth noting.) Her public assistance program is picking up the bill at least. This however means that she can no longer pick the kids up from school. Not to worry though, my sister-in-law will be able to get the kids every day. I’m not going to go into all the details here but she is a bit more dependable than my wife but not a whole lot. She also has a 2-month-old child of her own and I just know there are going to be problems.

You know what? Tomorrow is Friday and that helps me a lot. I should buy a winning lottery ticket or something this weekend, which might help too.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger carissa g. joaquin said...

sorry to hear bout the jury duty. and yes! it's friday tomorrow.. pamper yourself :)

11:50 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You have a gift that just keeps on giving. So thoughtful in making plans for the kids. Then choosing a commission based profession that she'll have such drive to work at. I'm taking a little bit of your sarcasm. lol. ugh. I'll be sipping a little Blackstone tonight...you may want to join in.

Happy Friday. Any snow on the way?

Wine try for the weekend...Calloway. I love that Chardonnay. Just a little favorite.
C

8:14 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Bullet, I’m not sure I could call this pampering but tonight should go well.

Eden, I’m on my way.

ThoughtsGalore, there is rain on the way, it will only snow in the higher elevations. I returned to my Leaping Horse for the weekend, but I’ll try the Calloway one of these days.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home