Wednesday, January 26, 2005

why, oh why, do I....

I’m absolutely sick and tired of eating out everyday for lunch. I never thought I’d get to this point, but I miss the horribly simple lunches I normally make myself everyday.

Jury duty is a joke. I have not been called in all week so far and no jurors were needed for Thursday at all. This definitely means that I’m going to have to struggle through a murder trial, likely deciding whether or not this person is executed, and probably totally screwing up my interview next week.

Just to ensure that bad luck befalls my big interview next week, I will be shopping for nice shoes, a nice shirt, and I can hardly even type it, it’s just painful to think of actually wearing a tie. Yes, I’m sure I’ll find a combination that I like and also feel comfortable wearing. That will definitely cause jury selection for the murder trial to extend through Wednesday.

Do you think it actually helps to try and predict everything that could possibly go wrong? Or does it just invite the invention of some horribly unpredictable event that I haven’t yet contemplated?

Apartments - Imagination and Reality

So my wife went looking at apartments today. She called later and told me that she needed to go through a credit check and if that was okay. I told her it was and it should be vastly improved, don’t worry. That went fine but then she found out that when she moved into her two bedroom apartment a few months ago, that “she didn’t realize” she had signed up for another one year lease. Not a big deal, the new apartment complex would give her a free month of rent that would be the same in savings as she needed to pay to get her out of her current lease. I was all excited because now the kids would be in their school district, no more transfer hassles and they could bus it or even walk to and from school when she forgets to pick them up, or wake up, or whatever.

Uh, no. She mixed up the names, the apartments I suggested were not the same ones she was talking about. She was talking about new apartments that were close but not in the same district. They were in the same district that my oldest daughter spent about four traumatizing weeks in before we finally got her transferred to the correct school. But, “they have a Charter school, where every student gets a laptop by the 4th grade, and they have to take our kids before other ‘out of district’ kids and...” everything will be wonderful, blah blah blah. Let’s not think about ripping the kids out of the schools they have known and loved (well in a because they have to go sort of way) and toss them into a new one! It worked so well before lets just do it again! If you can’t taste the sarcasm here just let me know, I can lay it on thicker.

Then after all this crap from the last week, she just called, twice while I was typing this up. The first time so I could call all of her banks and creditors to cancel everything she had, since her purse had just been stolen. I think I was able to breathe the barely audible sound of “sure”. I didn’t do anything of course and 10 minutes later she called the second time to inform me that her stolen purse had been found buried in her trunk under some clothes. I just hate it when purse-snatchers pull that crap.


Fej

10 Comments:

Blogger != said...

Wow...just Wow! You are a Saint with what you go through on a day to day basis.

And about predicting what can go wrong, maybe on a quantum level it does trigger some ungodly situations where no one can really get themselves out of easily. My best friend and I talk about this topic alot.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Blimey. I don't know how you do it Fej. Reading your blog reminds me of the fact I have no tolerance or patience at all. Hats off to you sir.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Vics said...

um.. Fej?
*hug*
no words...

5:03 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Ditto vics. Hugs to you.

You need a break.

Your wife should from this moment on go on the cash and carry life until she act like a moderate adult.

Deep breath and know you're such a good dad. I'm so glad you're not pulling kids out of any school.

I have total faith in the fashion department. Go for it! You can do it!

7:05 AM  
Blogger LIKEINEEDTHIS said...

you and I are two of a sort. BUT there comes a time when you need to cut your losses. This being blogland and not knowing the entire story, I can't guarantee any of this acurate....Dude, she needs professional help, and I don't mean the once a month, lay on the couch type, I mean the full term, take your meds and lets go to the counseling room to work on coping strategies type. She's your wife, the kids' mom. But at some point you need to weed the garden. Her influence is going to lead to problems with the kids in terms of discipline later on in life, her having multiple roommates with multiple problems is not something children should be exposed to. Yes marriage is a precious and rare thing, but you and your children deserve so much more than allowing this woman to continue in this. I know this sounds harsh, but it breaks my heart to see good people try to pay for the sins of others.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Thanks for all of the hugs of course. Either I’m painting the picture a little darker than it really is or I’ve just become completely numb to the day to day happenings in my life. Probably the latter of the two.

LIKEINEEDTHIS, You are sooo right. It’s been quite some time but I know I’ve posted before on her condition somewhere in the past here, I might try to dig up a link or two. She has spent a lot of time on the couch and well, the medication “issue” was the main issue for the better part of the last two years.

I know the situation sounds bad, probably is, but it really is improving.

Thanks everyone for stopping by.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I'm going with numb and crazy has become normal for you. How about that. When are you booking your stress release massage? LOL Better yet...you need a yoga class. LOL.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Yep, I know what everyone else's comments on your post have been, but I'm going to deviate and focus on the whole lunch thing. I WISH I could get sick of eating lunch out. I have never been good at brown-bagging it.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

And I'll keep my fingers crossed for your job interview (beaming good thoughts your way).

6:16 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Trisha,

Dude, I know what you mean. Totally. Yup, she’s nuts.

Em,

Thanks for the additional hugs, they are all great.

Thoughtsgalore,

You are probably right. I haven’t found the right person for the massage yet though.

RottenRobyn,

I never thought I would reach this stage either. It’s not that I like to make my own lunch, it’s more so that I don’t normally consume this much on a weekly basis. It costs a lot of money and is rather counter-productive towards my self/physical improvement plan.

Heather,

Thanks for thinking of me in Iowa too.

Diva,

I’ve always felt a strange and rather uncomfortable, familiarness with Charlie Brown.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home