Sunday, August 15, 2004

Night before the first day of school

We have all of their school supplies, even the damned little pink erasers that were out of stock everywhere. Lunches are all made and in the fridge, I just have to remember to grab them (that’s 50% of the battle). Clothes are all laid out and alarm clocks are set. The kids are all in bed (not asleep) before 10:00 PM. That’s enough for me.

We just found out that my oldest daughter’s middle school has a dress code. Thank you Internet for telling me this, no thank you to me, who just decided to check this on the Sunday night before the first day of school. If they enforce it then that means no jeans. That is all she wears. I might be out scraping the bottom of the barrel and buying her a new wardrobe tomorrow night.

Money is as usual a subject of some anxiety. If you read this post Figuring it out then you’ll remember about my wife’s working habits. She is out of work again. She is in complete despair about not making any money and “now whatever will she do”? She is the master at getting hired; she just can’t keep a job. There ought to be a need for people who can do just that, it might be called politics or even marketing.

I am tired. Tomorrow will be busy, exciting, loud, and stressful all before I even make it to work. I forgot to mention that in all the excitement of getting my oldest daughter’s school transfer in order, I neglected to get her registered… Therefore we have to show up when the office opens, hope that I’m the only loser parent that forgot about this, and attempt to minimize the amount of mental stress that this has on my daughter. I suppose I’m being dramatic here but this crap stresses me out.

Good night,

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home